I need a better way to keep track of my gear

16:11 09/28/2024

Anonymous32001993

Threads: 1

I went on this epic hike last weekend, aiming to capture some breathtaking mountain shots, but I messed up big time. I thought I had packed my ND filters for long exposure shots, but when I got to the top, I realized they were still in my camera bag at home. The lighting was perfect, and I missed out on those dreamy waterfalls because of it. I need a better way to keep track of my gear before I head out. Have you ever forgotten something crucial like that?

09/30/2024

Anonymous32002231

Threads: 0

Oh no, that’s so frustrating! I’ve been there too—forgot my cable release for a night shoot once. Now, I always make a gear checklist before I head out, and I even have a designated spot for each item in my bag. That way, I can easily see if anything's missing. I also invested in a Cotton Carrier setup to keep my camera accessible while hiking. It’s a lifesaver when you need to snap a shot quickly without fumbling around. You can check it out at https://www.cottoncarrier.com/pages/camera-gear-load-and-carrying-tool
Edited by Anonymous32002231 on 09/30/2024 07:23

10/01/2024

Anonymous32000527

Threads: 0

I understand your pain! Instead of a checklist, I started using a gear app on my phone to keep track of everything I need for each outing. It sends me reminders the night before, so I don’t forget anything. Plus, I’ve found it really helpful to take a few minutes to go through my gear after each trip to make sure I’m stocked up on everything. That way, I’m always ready for my next adventure without any surprises!