Regenerative Vegetable Gardening For The AT-Home Gardener

17:08 02/12/2023

Anonymous31955609

Threads: 1

In the garden, vegetables usually require the most care and watering. It is important to install a system to return rainwater to the garden, find here why it is important. Not only will this limit your watering needs, but it will also help during times of drought. Rain Barrel is one of the best a  gardener can implement at home. 

This catchment method directs rainwater to a storage system that can be used for future irrigation. They are fairly easy to make and hold enough water for all the vegetables. In a small garden, another tool of mine is a drainage system. The system uses unglazed terracotta pots dug into the ground and filled with water. They slowly irrigate the soil around them and act as a slow irrigation system. 

Types of Regenerated Botanical Gardens  

Want to see examples of regenerated botanical gardens? Here are some smart designs you can implement to make your garden more self-sufficient. 

HÜGELKULTUR 

Hügelkultur can be translated as "mountain" in German. Stuff the inside with things that take longer to compost, such as logs, fruit seeds, and egg shells. Then cover it with a layer of carbon-rich material and compost. Add a layer of compost and plant. 

This clean design increases soil fertility, fills space without creating new soil, and improves the soil's ability to hold water. It requires much less watering than most vegetable crops and is suitable for nutrient-hungry crops such as potatoes and blueberries. 

Absorbent Bed 

The Absorbent Bed acts as a giant self-watering tank. Buried in the ground or as a raised bed, it collects the runoff water and stores it in tanks where it can be absorbed by plants and soil as needed. Significantly reduces watering time! 

To build the absorbent layer,  cover the base with a waterproof barrier. Installed drainage pipes facilitate the flow of water, after which a layer of stone separates the soil from the water. Then add soil before planting. The wicked can also be loaded and connected to the overflow hose for easy overflow. 

FOOD FORESTS 

Food Forests can grow in a small backyard. They are basically forest gardens filled with different foods. It is completely self-supporting and, once planted, requires no work or maintenance.

Find more:

Using Permaculture Zones To Create an Accessible Garden

How Often Should I Water My Houseplants? Stop Overwatering!

03/30/2023

Anonymous31958447

Threads: 0

I think regenerative vegetable gardening is an excellent way to help the environment and grow your own food. Not only does it help reduce water consumption, but it also helps to improve soil health, reduce the use of chemical fertilizers, and protect biodiversity. I recently visited the Garden Reviewer website and I am impressed. It offers a great selection of reviews, covering all aspects of gardening from composting to pest control. The forum is incredibly active, with lots of helpful and knowledgeable members ready to answer questions and offer advice.

Check here http://www.gardenreviewer.com/.

Edited by Anonymous31958447 on 03/30/2023 03:20