Current CoA game issues 16th march onwards

21:24 03/18/2017

Kitwritten

Community Manager

Threads: 282

Players are aware of a large number of problems that they are dealing with with CoA.

It has taken us a few days of checking, testing and talking to find out what is going on.

Over a few days last week, there was windows updates, flash player update and also maintenance. This has caused a number of headaches for us so I will give a breakdown on what is going on so players can understand better and what the developers face.

1) Flash player: Flash player is a program that renders SWF files on a players device. It is maintained by adobe and there is a big push to end flash player and move on to HTML5 which is more stable and user friendly.

Some browsers have indicated they are dropping Flash player in 2017 and going to HTML5.

How that affects COA is simple. CoA uses a Stage 3D open source game engine. CoA was designed using firefox 32 bit. Some players use Chrome or firefox 32 and 64 bit. Some use other types of browsers. Adobe has changed the runtime for chrome. This means that the developers are going to have to change COA files to run on flash player again. .

This is not the first time adobe has done this. Last time they removed windowed mode for browsers. This meant that games like COA would not load because COA requires windowed mode. Abode stated they did not view this as a serious matter, tho they changed flash player a few weeks later to re enable windowed mode. They have indicated that they intend to remove windowed mode completely in the future

2) Chrome: Its recommended that players use firefox to play COA, but yes for some players they find that chrome works better.

Chrome uses a secure connection and they are pushing ahead with plans to have a very secure browser connection system. Many games use secure and non secure data. This means that the games load faster as secure connections are slower loading.

Its something the devs can not fix because its the browser settings and outside of the devs control.

3) Windows Updates : oh microsoft.... creator of operating systems that you either love or hate, updates that cause your programs not to work cos they are incompatible and cause devices to have constant issues.

While they generally do not cause many issues for games, windows updates can have software updates that cause issues with the running of the computer and programs, that lead to issues with online gaming.

4) Stuck on loading screen: The players may see one issue, we see 4. Some of the players are going to need to use a VPN to access the game. This is simply a bypass and appears to be affecting europe players yet again.

A VPN simply reroutes the direction of dataflow. Normally the devs can fix that issue by changing the network and connection parameters for COA... Its trial and error when they do that as they can not test to see why players can not load the game or are stuck on the loading screen, so they make changes that should bypass the issues.

A VPN is basically doing the same thing from the players side.

5) 32 bit and 64 bit browsers. Once again it appears that some of the changes made to flash player are affecting the game running on 64bit browsers, the temp fix is to use a 32 bit version of the browser.

6) FB and Gameroom. FB and gameroom are seperate to AMZ. The Servers that players access on FB are AMZ servers but the technical issues that are happening at FB and with game room are not AMZ created issues, they have to be fixed by the FB techs because the problems are at FBs end and gameroom is their creation.

Part of the issue with can not find the game, is happening at the servers so yes the developers need to change that.... its also part of the issue that is requiring some players to use a VPN.

Yes we understand that players get to the point that they just want to walk off from CoA....trust me, the developers sometimes feel the same way.... they create a game and have to constantly deal with having to change the game so it will work again because outfits like adobe and chrome make changes to their software, regardless of the knowledge that it will cause major problems for gaming companies.

I think we can all agree that a working game is a enjoyable game and a non working game is simply a bloody annoying thing to deal with..... so we ask the players to bear with us while we work through the issues and try to get things working again. We can not fix some issues without the help of FB techs, and without a debug version of the new flash player from Adobe and also multiple browsers

Unfortunately yes it means tying up more resources so some issues have to take a back seat which is again frustrating for the players and annoying for the staff as we do want to clear the backlog of issues without the extra work load from the current issues....... for the delays, we are extremely sorry and ask the players to bear with us

Edited by Community Manager on 03/18/2017 21:24

03/18/2017

Kitwritten

Community Manager

Just to give this a update.

I have confirmed that adobe is aware that there is issues with the current version of flash player. some of the settings are wrong.

03/19/2017

Anonymous27544884

Threads: 0

so what day can play COA?

03/19/2017

Anonymous27544884

• Anonymous27544884 stuck in12.loading complete i wait in almost 1 day -_-

03/19/2017 00:59

03/19/2017

Kitwritten

Community Manager

thats a issue where the player can not connect to the server, its a dev fix where they need to change some network parameters... if you use a vpn, you should be able to load the game

03/19/2017

Sturm Brightblade

Threads: 16

Well, my 32bit chrome is now borken as well.

Before my 64bit was acting up only loading half of the interface.

so i switched went in but nothing i clicked worked.

So i decided to refresh. Bad idea lol

And I am not going to use a VPN because something is

wrong with a game.

And I am not willing to go back to an older firefox version

as well.

Guess another in my opinion good game, that was abandoned

month ago, that I will leave.

Would be nice if the game will be fixed soon,

because its not only the flashplayer but there seems

to be something wrong with some routing or something as well,

if you are in the EU (or elsewhere outside the US if you are unlucky lol)

Again wasted money on a now for me unplayable game.

Cheers

Strum S14

03/19/2017

Kitwritten

Community Manager

Yes there is more and more problems coming out as players update their computers with the flash player and windows updates

the routing is not with game, its with the host servers, it means that some of the external servers that provide external content, are not in sync...... I already know that FB has been resyncing and thats caused issues for FB players.

The issues are not just with CoA either. LR is not affected, nor is LOA, LoA II, or SL, but COA, ER and TM were effected and they are on different server systems.

the majority of the issues will be fixed monday / tuesday but some of the logs are showing some very odd issues that can only come from regional changes ( OS, Flash player etc ) and not server side so the devs have a big job cleaning up this lot.....

03/19/2017

Sturm Brightblade

True Kit, but some of those old problems like the FP issue were long known.

Nothing was done... Since Firefox 50 (at least on 64bit )

I had some trouble so I went down to a lower version of Firefox

even always with the newest Flasphplayer.

I had to siwtch to 64bit Chrome because Firefox and the old

Npapi has some trouble with high DPI on flashgames not rendering it right.

So I went to Chrome 64bit and everything worked nicely for some time.

Even COA runs good on 64bit chrome. K not now but...

One update on flashplayer and currently it looks like nothing works again.

Its really hard to bear on a game, thats wasn't updated in month again,

lacks of events over the weekend again and so on.

I know its hard for all sides, but in a way its maybe better to make 

a cut on the game. Like the one you closed down a few weeks ago,

not even knowing the name anymore lol

Was spending a bit there as well, now its gone and with it the i think 50 bucks.

But better that way then waiting for anything new regards those games.

btw. games that are in a state of deep slumber.

Any news about Shaikan?

Seeing a LOA running for 3 years now or a Wartune over 5 years now, makes me really wonder

if its wise to leave those dead games open...

Only my thoughts. Hope the devs and you guys can sort it out.

Back to LOA for now lol Waitung for a new game, haha

Cheers

03/19/2017

Kitwritten

Community Manager

The last news I had for shaikan is no it will not be worked on. There is over a years work required to rewrite parts of the game....

2 years was spent making the game but its definately going to need a rewrite to fix it.....

as for CoA... I am now gambling that the devs will be able to reset flash player to match current flash player settings but in my checking of browsers, I did notice something that had me swearing. There was a dom.IPC setting in firefox that players were able to use last time this happened when flash player changed the protocols for context3d that stopped it running in 64 bit firefox.

Firefox has removed the DOM.IPC. Yes it makes the browser more secure when using flash player but it also means that a lot of games with context3d are not going to work with 64 browsers.

what that does mean is a lot of game developers are moving to App games because they are easier to maintain, cheaper to run and easier to update

in simple terms it means that unless the devs can convert CoA to openGL, we are in for some serious problems with players running CoA.

Yes closing down CoA would be simple if we were like some game hosts that would just give the players something like $100 worth of compensation but with some players spending high into the $1000s, that would not be fair on the players.... and its also something AMZ will not consider...

Its possible a OpenGL wrapper may work but that would have to be tied into the game rather than players having to download it seperately

Updates for CoA, simply a lot of whats in CoA needs to be redone first, thats a lot of time and money and while the game is worth it and could shine.... it remains to be seen what happens.....

personally I would love to see the game relaunched in openGL with working content, that may attract the genuine player base that the game needs to get new growth in it.....

03/19/2017

Sturm Brightblade

I really would like to see that too, kit. but its a year now as well, were we hardly get anything new

on COA. Even the events are basically  always the same if there are some.

No treasure hunt for month now. Last time we got snyth gems but without

the  have all lvl 3,5,6,7,8 or 9 gems on event.

And I don't want to spend for the gem stars to make some lvl 9 gems.

btw... I found the game it was fairyland and i know there was an announcement 

but no sign of any compensation. Nevermind that, that game had some potential as well, but

after the first update all went wrong lol

Well I wish you good luck converting COA to opengl or just hotfixing it.

But I have my doubts that there will be any new content anytime soon.

Even the merged server are mainly dead now to times I am doing my 5 minutes

of daily grabbing stuff. To bad my hopes were always high for the game to

get at least some updates.

Anyway, I will still look into the game from time to time

to maybe grab some compensation from ingame mail or something haha.

Cheers

Sturm S14

03/19/2017

Peers

Threads: 6

03/19/2017

Kitwritten

Community Manager

Post By Sturm Brightblade

I really would like to see that too, kit. but its a year now as well, were we hardly get anything new

on COA. Even the events are basically  always the same if there are some.

No treasure hunt for month now. Last time we got snyth gems but without

the  have all lvl 3,5,6,7,8 or 9 gems on event.

And I don't want to spend for the gem stars to make some lvl 9 gems.

btw... I found the game it was fairyland and i know there was an announcement 

but no sign of any compensation. Nevermind that, that game had some potential as well, but

after the first update all went wrong lol

Well I wish you good luck converting COA to opengl or just hotfixing it.

But I have my doubts that there will be any new content anytime soon.

Even the merged server are mainly dead now to times I am doing my 5 minutes

of daily grabbing stuff. To bad my hopes were always high for the game to

get at least some updates.

Anyway, I will still look into the game from time to time

to maybe grab some compensation from ingame mail or something haha.

Cheers

Sturm S14

Fairyland I can ask about compensation based on recharge records.

It did have potential if the devs had not really messed up in a big way.

03/19/2017

Sturm Brightblade

No need to ask for me for compensation. Wasn't that much I spended there.

And yes that was some disaster update after the other for fairyland.

But enough its off topic and I am sorry for bringing it up :)

Back to COA business here. Feel free to delete the off topic stuff.

Cheers

03/20/2017

kumicho

(s57)adriaaana

(s57)van wildcat(oceanic)

cant load anything since yesterday

03/20/2017

Kitwritten

Community Manager

Report has been sent in, now the devs will need time to check all the reports and see what is happening and what needs to be changed

03/20/2017

Anonymous20707544

Threads: 1

Getting worst day by day...now nothing happen when i choose the server..not even the loading page...Dafuq is this..

03/20/2017

Kitwritten

Community Manager

We already know what the issue is..... its a problem with the Gameloader.SWF can not be found.... it means the devs have to find out where flash player will look for it and then change the location of the file on the server so flash player will say AH HA there it is.......

you can thank flash player for that mess.....

Try downloading a 32 bit version of your browser, it may work.... or you can try a VPN.....

What is also happening is that FB is changing things to match flash player and browser changes so thats why you are seeing the issues happening on random days...... basically its a big mess for a lot of games that should have never happened if flash player has listened the last time they did this