Basic GamePlay Guide

21:04 05/22/2015

esme

Threads: 34

1) Upgrading buildings:
A) If you can be patient enough, following this tip will pay off in some fairly cool ways after about a week of playing. Every time your character levels up, stop doing anything else until all of your buildings are"maxed" out. Max level is whatever level your character (not your generals) is at that time. Doing this at least until level 31 (which is when you lose the "ALL" hammer option unless you invest the $5 to keep it and get a few diamonds...well worth it IMO) will assist you in not running out of resources. Doing it this way, you will find once you unlock the barracks that you spend quite some time upgrading buildings as you will likely level up twice just while doing it. Be patient .
B) Clicking on the hammer that appears above a building after you start an upgrade will reduce the time it takes for the upgrade to complete. Early on you can power through many levels of upgrades by using it.
C) You will find that you spend some of your early prayers on lumber and/or gold to keep the upgrades going of you follow this technique, but after a while the need to do so will stop.
D) Keep upgrades running at all times if there are any you can do. You must be logged in for them to go, so I will oftentimes start the upgrade and leave the window open as I do other things (or even overnight). Having the"ALL" hammer is a very big bonus if you do that as it will keep you upgrading without the need to hover over the game.
E) Hold on to your Gold Hammers as long as possible. They will fully complete 4 upgrades immediately. Saving them until your upgrades take hours(even when reduced) instead of minutes will make you happy you did save them. (NOTE: There is a spot early on where you have a mission to use one...go ahead and do it for the 5 diamonds it will cost)
F) From time to time, you will open up a new place for a building. Don't worry about trying to max it immediately. If using the"ALL" hammer, it will get priority every time a builder becomes available (priority goes to the lowest leveled building). Once all the other buildings in that section are maxed then move on to the next. Eventually it will catch up.

2) Prayers, the Market, and the Black Market: These are things you can use to obtain resources that you need other than your buildings.
A) Prayers looking to the skies for the hope of resources
1: If you follow the slow progression that I am suggesting, you shouldn't find yourself in desperate need of using your prayers at almost any time. As I already stated, you will spend some early on timber and gold to keep upgrades going, but the need for that will pass after your first extended time of not playing.
2: You will receive free prayers sometimes when you level up. You will also get a free slot spin for some diamonds and prayers as a log in bonus after your first week of playing. Since you can only hold a max of 25, I suggest never holding more than 20 at a time. This will limit the potential for wasted freebies (5 is typically the most you can get, but you can get as many as 25 on the log in spin).
3: Prayers can also be purchased with diamonds. You will receive some diamonds free (such as with the daily log in) or you may purchase them. The cost starts out as 2 Diamonds per prayer,but the amount increases as you use them. It maxes at 6 per prayer for Gold and Timber, 15 for Food and I honestly do not know for Iron as I don't pray for Iron but imagine it would be 15 as well.
4: Prayers will award you based upon your current production of that resource (another reason to not use too many early on). They will award you either even, 2X, 4X or 10X your base resource generation for the chosen resource.
5: Above all, do not just use them because you have them.
B) Market: A store where they may or may not have what you need right then
1:Opportunities to make purchase at the Market accumulate throughout the day. Initially, you will get 1 every hour, but that will eventually increase to 2 per hour. You may also get extra opportunities when you level up.
2: You can purchase Timber, Food, Recruiting Horns (used to cut 5 minutes off of troop recruitment time for a specific General) and, later on, Iron from the Market.
3: I typically will prioritize like this: Food, Recruiting Horns (1 horn will cut 5 minutes off your recruitment time for that General), and then Timber when all offers are equal.
4: Personal needs will impact your priority. Food becomes a high priority later on and you may find yourself taking a deal for 800 Food when there is also one for 1200 Timber because you need Food. I will almost always take an offer of 3 Recruiting Horns as they are a very scarce commodity at times regardless of other needs.
5: When it comes to Iron, I would only suggest purchasing the 1000 Iron for 5000 Gold. The exchange rate gets much worse for the 1200 and 1600 Iron offers.
C) The Black Market should be a last resort only. All purchases here have horrible exchange rates. I do not suggest ever using it, but understand if you are too im patient to wait.

3) Scenarios: This is like a small story line for you to follow.
A) Early on they will teach you some very basic fighting technique.
B) Doing them will open up different Technology for you to research. More will be discussed on Technology in a later section.
C) If you are following my suggestion of upgrading buildings as you go, then you will clear the first page of scenarios by level 23.
D) At first, the scenarios will give you zero problems. Eventually though, you will have to have your Generals and equipment upgraded to proceed further. Just keep upgrading and trying. Eventually you will pass it. NOTE: If you fail on a specific scenario, you will have to redo it to continue. These do reset to full strength.
E) Every now and then, there will be a quest or sub-quest for "Challenge Looting". This can be found on the scenario map. Look for a face with a timer countdown. Doing these will give you bonus EXP or resources. If you fail to pass these in one go, it will not reset. Simply recruit more troops and go again. After defeating it, the face icon will go to the right side of the screen. You can repeat the quest by spending diamonds. These are not Generals you can collect.
F) You will eventually unlock Campaigns which are entered on the Scenario screen. These are advanced missions (some are easy, but it is an advanced task to complete) so I won't discuss them here.

10/29/2021

Anonymous31924865

Threads: 0

I have read your article, it is very informative and helpful for me.I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. Thanks for posting it.. Aanleg tuin

10/29/2021

Anonymous31924865

Mmm.. good to be here in your article or post, whatever, I think I should also work hard for my own website like I see some good and updated working in your site. Zwemvijvers aanleggen

10/29/2021

Anonymous31924865

You might comment on the order system of the blog. You should chat it's splendid. Your blog audit would swell up your visitors. I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! Zwembad bouwen tuin

10/29/2021

Anonymous31924865

This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the leisure here! Keep up the good work. I have been meaning to write something like this on my website and you have given me an idea. Zwembad plaatsen tuin

10/29/2021

Anonymous31924865

The worst part of it was that the software only worked intermittently and the data was not accurate. You obviously canot confront anyone about what you have discovered if the information is not right. Zwembad aanleggen

10/29/2021

Anonymous31924865

You might comment on the order system of the blog. You should chat it's splendid. Your blog audit would swell up your visitors. I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! Nieuwe ramen kopen

10/29/2021

Anonymous31924865

I really thank you for the valuable info on this great subject and look forward to more great posts Beste seo bureau

10/29/2021

Anonymous31924865

Nice blog and absolutely outstanding. You can do something much better but i still say this perfect.Keep trying for the best. Zwembad aanleggen tuin

10/29/2021

Anonymous31924865

Thanks for the best blog. it was very useful for me.keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. Erotische massage

10/29/2021

Anonymous31924865

Thanks for the best blog. it was very useful for me.keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. Website designer

10/29/2021

Anonymous31924865

I’m happy I located this blog! From time to time, students want to cognitive the keys of productive literary essays composing. Your first-class knowledge about this good post can become a proper basis for such people. nice one Vakantiewoning Belgie

10/29/2021

Anonymous31924865

It’s very informative and you are obviously very knowledgeable in this area. You have opened my eyes to varying views on this topic with interesting and solid content. Spouwmuurisolatie Leuven

10/29/2021

Anonymous31924865

Just pure brilliance from you here. I have never expected something less than this from you and you have not disappointed me at all. I suppose you will keep the quality work going on. Vakantiehuis Limburg België

10/29/2021

Anonymous31924865

You know your projects stand out of the herd. There is something special about them. It seems to me all of them are really brilliant! Gecertificeerd isolatiebedrijf

10/29/2021

Anonymous31924865

It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I’ve read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you few interesting things or tips. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article. I want to read more things about it! Warmtepompen installateur

10/29/2021

Anonymous31924865

I think about it is most required for making more on this get engaged Webdesign