There have been a lot of questions (and false bug reports) regarding the Excalibur swords and how they work. This is mainly due to its extremely vague desc
First, let me make it clear that THE EXTRA DMG AND ENHANCE DMG STATS ON EXCALIBURS DO NOT SHOW IN THE CHARACTER STATS SCREEN, NOR DO THEY DIRECTLY INCREASE YOUR NORMAL ATTACK/SKILL DAMAGE.
The elemental Excalibur swords do not increase the damage you do with skills (Q, W, E), but add elemental damage to your normal attacks (A/clicking on an enemy).
The physical Excalibur swords (Trial Blade - Resolve and Holy Blade - Legend) add physical damage to your skills.
- having physical Excalibur swords will let your skills do both magic and physical leech (assuming you have at least 1 dragon and avian on formation)
- having elemental Excalibur swords will let your normal attacks do both physical and magic leech (assuming you have at least 1 dragon and avian on formation)
However, the confusion doesn't end there...
The damage the Excalibur swords do is considered a separate attack; If you're using a normal attack, then it will do an additional hit ba
- the damage the additional hit does will be the same whether you use a lvl 140 q-fire or a lvl 1 q-ice skill
- valor, berserker, ATK pots, etc. have no effect on this damage
- it is still decreased by target's defence stat and is affected by landing a critical hit (caps at 11x the damage)
The actual equation for the additional hit is: damage = extra*(1 + enhance/10000)
- for normal attack, it's: damage = extra_fire*(1+enhance_fire)+extra_frost*(1+enhance_frost)+extra_lightning*(1+enhance_lightning)
Using my own stats as an example (image to the right):
Whenever I use a skill, each hit from that skill should be accompanied by an additional hit with a ba