How to avoid work related stress? Can better personal relations help? Physical exercise, pranayam, meditation-can they help? Does psychiatric help come into picture for extreme cases?
Your thoughts on the subject and examples where you managed the stress are welcome.
Stress management is a technique to reduce stress. This can be achieved by occupying yourself in some other activity. Activity which relaxes you mentally. Stress can either be physical or mental. Stress does not have to be necessarily related to an individual’s profession. It could also be because of personal differences.
Points to remember:
- Felling anxious, mood swings, forgetfulness are the common symptoms of stress
- Stress can be caused due to many reasons: 1. Pressure at work
- Most common way to manage and get rid of stress: 1. Be aware of the consequences
2. Psychological pressure at work
4. New life styles
5. New environment / atmosphere
2. Avoid unnecessary work and competition
3. Keeping yourself physically and mentally fit
4. Set priorities in life
5. Try for achievable goals first to attain confidence
Why stress management
- Reducing stress obviously leads to a job satisfaction
- Improves attitude and reduces anxiety
- Increase in productivity.
- Reduces the use of drugs.
- Increases self control and self esteem
- Keeps an individual mentally and physically stable.
Types of stressPhysical stress : Stress can be physical. This stress can be due to incorrect posture at work, over exercising or at times fatigue.
Mental stress : Mental stress can be of various forms. Unhealthy relationships not satisfied with job etc.
Stress can also be short term and long term. Short term stress is usually encountered at work places on a daily basis. While the long term stress is usually encountered at home.
Causes of stress
- Work pressure
- Peer Pressure
- Trying to achieve the best always
- Over confidence
- Having a negative perspective always
How to avoid stress
- The key to avoid stress is to avoid people and things that cause stress!
- Restrict yourself to boundaries. Don’t overload yourself
- Analyze your schedule and responsibilities
- Avoid being disheartened if things don’t work as expected
- Mange your time properly and learn to compromise
- If too stressed, delegate the task
- Don’t try to change things if the are not under your control.
- Adapt a healthy lifestyle.
- Try and develop new skills and indulge in extra curricular activities.
- Mental stress can be avoided my meditation, music, coffee etc.