RoG Version update 27th of august 2018.

05:34 08/27/2018

Kitwritten

Community Manager

Threads: 282

Great fighters of RoG.

I bring you tidings from the Realm of Guardians

RoG:Evolution is a new version of ROG that will be on all servers.

Some changes are going to please players, some are not. Remember that we do have Forums, Facebook, Skype, Wechat and QQ for players to give on-going feedback, suggestions and ideas.

Wechat and QQ are available as downloads for mobile and PC. We have QQ and Wechat permanent rooms where players can talk directly to the dev team.  Unfortunately due to Europe’s change in laws, QQ has blocked new account sign up.

The VIP rewards system has been changed. It is important that VIP players check the new rewards system before reporting the changes as a bug.

Getting VIP1 is now very beneficial to players because it gives them extra benefits in the game including the first recharge pack. We do understand that some players can not recharge or can not use the available recharge options available, our options on resolving that are limited.

1)      We are opening a new event in the game, that allows players to get free diamonds. Check the diamond icon in the game. Dig Diamonds event. Vip1 required to claim diamonds

2)      FB Like option, please use it and support ROG, it can help attract new players to ROG and mean fuller servers.

3)      Changes to the wings system. Players will notice that they have the ability to slot 3 talent cards on the wings panel. This will increase the effectiveness of the wings.

Rainbow plume can be used to upgrade the wing power cards. The rainbow plume will be in events.

Wings stats have been adjusted because of this change.

Wings are removed from the mail.

The first wing can be gained from quest, the second get from first recharge, the 3rd, Continuous recharge, 4th and 5th, recharge event, 6th new server package

4)      Skills panel. The second row of runes is now unlocked by gaining VIP 2. ( changed )

5)      Added Super investments for players that want to invest in their builds for maximum potential. This is a Recharge Diamond event.

6)     Adjusted the main quest system before level 30. Players will notice that the game will direct them to complete Dungeon 1-12 in storyline mode then go to Dungeon 1 elite mode. Map 2 will unlock at player level 25.

Auto place items level has been reduced.

7)      Changes to the black market with prices and items. Black market will be VIP restricted. The mall will be open to all players

8)      Growth packs now have tickets in them, the tickets are for the arcane crusades.

9)      ( this update has been delayed )Big wheel and Thrall summon. BW will give set items, grade stones, refine stones, refine locks and equipment items. Thrall summon, common summon can give up to purple thrall. Advanced summon can give boss thrall

10)   Changes to Diamond mine and Thrall arena. Now there is a score and level system, this means that pvp is part of DM and TA

11)   Changes to VIP level benefits, please check the text changes. The changes do include unlocking the 2nd rune slots and also 2nd and 3rd  thrall slots. Extra attempts with arcane crusades.

For those players familiar with S11. There is a graded drop system based on dungeon difficulty. Green for story. Blue for elite. Purple for insane mode.

Thrall Arena and Diamond mine has been changed. It is now a PVP event with a score system

1.       Gain 100 score to reach the next level, lose 100 score and lose a level

2.       Gain 10 score by killing players, lose 10 if you are defeated by player or NPC

3.       Kill NPCS to gain 1-5 score

4.       Score decreases by 1 every 2 mins.

Guilds:

Guilds are functional and players need to check a few things

1.       Guilds cost 500 diamonds to create, guilds can be created at level 25.

2.       Guild rank names can be changed by the guild leader

3.       3 levels of guild contribution.

4.       Guilds open at level 23.

Remember, any feedback, positive or negative is better with details. The more information, the better we understand players concerns and feedback, the less information, the less we know about the players concerns.

Thanks for your support of ROG and continued enjoyment.

RoG dev team

Edited by Community Manager on 08/27/2018 05:34

08/27/2018

Anonymous31630368

Threads: 1

This is for which server ? I don't see it applied to S9 yet. Sorry for my ignorance if the information is already stated elsewhere on the forum. Thanks

08/27/2018

Kitwritten

Community Manager

Its an update coming to all servers, last ETA was within the next 24 hours

08/28/2018

Paalhonxs

Threads: 14

hi kit, 

just an advice, why not open 3rd slot runes at skill with vip?

or selling those vip system at mall like felspire would be much better

Edited by Paalhonxs on 08/28/2018 01:06

08/28/2018

Anonymous31501988

Threads: 0

yah reduce again for non VIP? nice moves add for VIP dont reduce benefit for non VIP like us 

08/28/2018

Paalhonxs

that 1 just make more player quitting.. coz with 2 runes those dg still hard

08/28/2018

Kitwritten

Community Manager

We do not want to turn the game into a pay to have game like LoA 2 or wartune but we do want more players to get vip 1-2 and support the game so we can continue to grow it.....

We would rather have many players spend $10 and support the game by getting vip2 in the game, which is pay to have... than have 1-2 players per server spend $300 just to dominate the server, which is pay to win

We want RoG to grow and in order to do that, we need players to support the game with vip 1-2 if they can....

yes the changes do affect free players, but we have not removed the team function in dungeons, we are adding guilds so its easier for players to support and help other players....... but its up to the players themselves to work as a team in dungeons, not just get a team and expect the top player in the team to carry them in the dungeons.....

as for selling VIP in the game, I have asked about options for that, where players can purchase vip for players using recharged diamonds...... as some players have indicated they would like that option but there are no plans to allow players to purchase vip with free diamonds gained in the game...... it all comes down to supporting the game so it can grow, at this stage.......

08/28/2018

Paalhonxs

i am agree with that point, but to remove 2nd runes from non vip player it will make harder for dg, since with 2 runes only 1-12 dg can do solo with its lvl.

08/28/2018

Anonymous31630368

I don't see the update on any server as of yet(more than 24 hours). I tried making new character on few of them but didn't see the new changes.

Few suggestions:

2)      FB Like option, please use it and support ROG, it can help attract new players to ROG and mean fuller servers.

Give a reward for it, doesn't matter less but still give it. lets say 50-100 diamond or some other in game item like 2-3 Vigor pot(letting you guys decide it)for liking the page as other games do. I know you would wish for everyone to do it by their own wish but making it more lucrative will only help you guys spread the word about the game.

3)     Wings are removed from the mail.

mail or mall ?

Black market only for VIP players / rune slot 2 in skill tab only for VIP players / a new event for only VIP players. The game is already tilting towards making it VIP dominant. I know the support to free to play games is crucial but forcing the support out of non VIP players won't help much neither will it be a driving force.

Black market already has few VIP specific things. Increase the things available for VIP rather than taking existing things from Non VIP players

Rune slot 2 in skill tab provides the much needed support in DG, with it gone non VIP will become highly dependent on VIP players.

New event for only VIP players and nothing for non VIP. After taking away so many thing from non VIP, they are bored further with no new events and just being spectator to VIP players playing those.

Thanks

S9.Pain 

Edited by Anonymous31630368 on 08/28/2018 08:31

08/28/2018

Paalhonxs

totally agreed!

08/28/2018

Kitwritten

Community Manager

fb like has a reward... but that does read like people will not support a game they want to grow and attract more players unless we bribe them

Wings removed from Mall

the game is tilting towards making it vip dominant ? ok a couple of points, VIP players make up less than 10% of players, some of the top players in the game are non vip that have enjoyed the game without cost....

It means that the small group of cashers are carrying the game for many players.... and we have also had players saying that they would recharge and support the game if there was more reasons to recharge.......

Its not about making more money, its about more players supporting THEIR game.

Mall and black market have been changed, you are basing your comments on the market as you know it

one of the biggest complaints from players is they are finding that they are carrying a lot of players in dungeons that can not survive in the dungeons and so do not fight, but expect a share of the rewards..... the same with world boss, players standing around waiting for others to kill the WB so they steal rewords without working for them.....

If players are not going to work together in dungeons, they may find they have nobody to team with..... I will not run dungeons with players that stand back in the dungeons so I am effectively soloing them.... but in a team where they at least try, I will leave all the rewards for them.......

New events for only VIP??? we have just made a lot of new events... not all of the details are in the change log as we are still changing the game even now.....

08/28/2018

Paalhonxs

not to emphatic kit, 

but i has to say, with 2 runes on skill u cant do dg better, what will happen with 1 rune? stuck all the way?

as ex : i have med def/eledef, and did almost 2m dmg,, i cant do elite dg for 56+ dg even i have 1 set of royal equiptment and boss supp thrall. 

in my opinion : add 3rd runes  for vip would be much better than locked it with vip tittle

08/28/2018

Anonymous31630368

FB Rewards - As I said NOT EVERYONE will do it on their own since not everybody is the same out their in the world but nevertheless you need their support. My suggestion was for the game to spread more and even seeking the support who won't do it without any benefit to them(if you know what I mean). Also I didn't knew in the first place that reward was already there since the update is still not there on my server.

I already said support from players is crucial for any Free to play game but then taking away existing things might not be the way. If people are looking for reasons to recharge, I am pretty sure they mean new things and not taking existing things away from players and giving to them as an new option. 

Mall and black market have been changed, you are basing your comments on the market as you know it

Absolutely correct, since the update is still not there on my server. Still when I read the change logs I thought to give out suggestions. 

You have proved my very point that since players right now are not ready to drag weaker players in dungeons, how would they team up with players when they would be further weakened by not able to use 2nd rune slot (assuming not everybody will get VIP). So your point here supports the fact that given the change, going forward VIP players will only team up with VIP players. This will kill the very idea that you and me talked about, teaming up with others and playing as a team.

For VIP events - Since the update is still not there on my server and I understood whatever was available in the change-log. Honestly even if the game is changing, a change-log should have details about what is being released rather than overview, since whatever is released isn't being changed continuously nor all servers are receiving different updates. 

All my suggestion were purely based on your post, since there was no way to test them. Sorry if you don't like any of them. Just felt to give out suggestions with whatever information available.

Thanks

08/28/2018

Mejse

Threads: 6

Sorry guys, sometimes I feel like my fellow players are greedy. Why would we require a reward for like FB? We play the game all the time and don't you guys want more friends to have fun with?

I must say I don't agree with all changes, but let's see how it goes, I assume if changes are totally ruining the game, another update will be coming.

Cheer up and stop the crazy talk, lets get that update and go for it!

Eagles Goooo 

Molly 

08/28/2018

Kitwritten

Community Manager

Its not nothing to do with what I like or what I do not like.......... its more to do with basic game dynamics

Yes I get what you are saying about FB like system....... there are players that will not use it without a reward, others will use it simply because they want the game to grow and to them, thats important because the more the game grows, the longer the life span of the game.....

The change log, my answer is hell no to a detailed log and I will tell you why......

in order to do it, it would be about 6 times as long as what it is and I would have had to re edit it about 15 times since I posted it because of all the changes we have continued to make, thats how many changes have been done on this lastest update and it also means that we were going to update today but its slowed us down.

live server version is 657, test server version is 703

since S1 opened, there has been over 150 versions of the game.

Now I have limited time and a lot of work to do, so a detailed change log is simply not an option

as for the dungeon running issue..... its easy to use the VIP vs free player argument but the reality is that free players out number vip players more than 10 to 1..... its actually the VIP players that struggle more with getting a full VIP team than the free players getting a free player team......

if you are focusing on the top players, correct they are more likely to find team members but they are running high level dungeons and the majority of players are not.....so they plan their dungeon runs where as lower level players may take any offers of help for dungeon runs

One problem that we are aware of, is that the average player may play for 2-3 hours a day.... thats not a lot so that also impacts on teams for dungeons.....we are considering cross server and merges to increase the number of players available......

another problem I have noticed is that some players clear a dungeon with 3 stars and assume that means an auto clear with auto running dungeons, it doesn't.....

players have said the game is more p2w than ever..... its actually pay 2 have.... Pay 2 win is a playing style.....

in simple terms if I get VIP 2, I have spent $10, it may increase my advantage in the game but against a player that spent $100 to get a boss thrall to ensure they have a big advantage over other players, then my VIP 2 does not mean much......

We both paid to have.... but the other player paid to win.....

I actually do not like PVP because it is too easy to bully weaker players so I avoid it.... I perfer to focus on dungeons and resource instances, and I perfer not to use arena or do DM/TA because they are going to be PVP based events..... I am not the exception to the rule with that........

I do respect a good PVP match against a player that is evenly matched of the same or different class

but I have the thinking that I do not want to bully other players in PVP as they may be a player that I may need to help run a dungeon later.... and if I have bullied them, they may think twice about helping me in dungeons......

08/29/2018

Anonymous31501988

Threads: 0

wheres the update? ETA 24 hrs? 

08/29/2018

Kitwritten

Community Manager

we have delayed it as we are making further changes, this time to other existing features such as map 1 dungeons and HP pots

We are also considering how to roll out the new version to older servers that would not benefit as much from some of the new events and changes.......