Rare material's and thrall shards suggestion

19:25 06/20/2018

Anonymous31508542

Threads: 3

I'd like to suggest the possibility of further changing the structure for how we as players are able to acquire both rare materials such as epic and mythic grade stones as it stands you are as creators are pushing for more team player from the player base which for an rpg mmo isn't a bad thing but the drop rate and availability of gaining epic / mythic grade stones is very poor at best from dungeon runs, the new mechanics for thrall shards and their counter part normal / rare thrall stones are honestly no different. Is it possible to better their drop rate?

Given the fact that it takes being Vip 9-10 now for 100-150% drop rate on the shards alone is a bit nutty in my opinion, I'm vip 4 and it says vip 4 gets a 20% increased chance for drop rate but after spending all morning running insanes I didn't see so much as one boss thrall shard drop, we're talking a minimum of 15+ runs. 

For the grade stones that can drop from world bosses well those who can move their character the fastest always seem to get them. By no means am I going to complain because joe blow who ever gets more better loot than me or "my friends" or what not but again even in dungeons where you should have better controlled chances, the drop rate of the materials you actually need to progress are just insanely limited at best and on that same not the crafting requirements for what you can make through the combine future are insanely high given that for as example one mythic grade stone crafted takes 10 earth, that's a few days worth of farming for just 1 grade stone. From a player perspective in general that sort of mindless grinding will limit / loss player base because it's extremely boring given the limitations of vigor. Bare in mind it's not as though players could save their diamonds and just buy them because they aren't available to be purchased from the market and if you see them in the black market tab well the price isn't worth it for just 1 grade stone sorry. The increase of diamond prices for things while actually cause you to lose player base too because it's frankly more expensive then most will likely find it worth.

Lastly at the moment as a suggestion is it possible to allow us to combine weak thrall upgrade stones into their higher tiered counterparts because trying to save so many for most is likely and can very likely become a space issue, yes I know bag / storage space can be purchased but that doesn't actually solve anything.

06/21/2018

Anonymous31524352

Threads: 0

I can say thoroughly after running mainly only insane dungeon instances today that trying to farm any kind of reliable gear from dungeons has become increasingly and extremely difficult as the drop chance feels utterly broken. Not once after at least 30-50 instance runs did a simple piece of mythic gear drop, and out of those only maybe 2-3 boss shards dropped with the vip 20% boost. These mechanics really need to be flushed out, fixed or just straight out changed.

06/21/2018

Kitwritten

Community Manager

Threads: 282

We are going to buff the drop rates.

Part of the issue with grade stones etc, is RoG guild shop system is not in the game yet so we still have not expanded outwards and provided a platform for gaining items in the game......

we are aware of the upgrade stone cost because we have used emperor level gear in testing and yes that costs a lot of upgrade stones.....  so yes your concerns are valid.... 32 gold upgrade stones is a lot just for one item... and you have how many items on your character and thrall ?

drop rate ahhh I ran 5 insane dungeons, different ones back to back and got about 7 soldier scroll, 2 knight scrolls and 4 knight items...... but thats a individual experience..... and tomorrow I may be lucky to see one knight item all day......

bloody RNG system.....lol

I have forwarded your thread and comments, we will buff dungeons and make further changes

06/21/2018

Anonymous31524352

Threads: 0

Rng system aside to be honest I never see GM's running anything, I always see you all stationary in town or somewhere else on the map. I can understand having certain game side mechanics expected for this up in coming guild shop and that being intended to further help players progress, but that's a few weeks out. My question as it stands is what until then I've observed world chat and though I can not and will not speak on behalf of someone else simply going by my own experience over the last few days and what I've seen in world chat I'm not the only one to personally not see any real helpful drops i.e. purple or gold gear drops after countless high dungeon level runs. Those who are happy with every little thing as it is right now are that of a hand full of players who are the most geared, the highest leveled, who basically have nothing to worry about in regards to even needing gear primarily over their xp being more of a need at this time. An RNG system is by nature of coding expected to have moments of good luck and bad, but if we're talking RNG specifically that's causing this issue well then maybe there is something wrong with the current RNG system and how it's working for all players not just some select few who for a lack of better words are pulling four leaf lucky clovers out their tail. I'd like to also point out that by no means am I trying to be an ass or even go as far as to complain persay, but sugar coating an issue many are having with "bloody rng system" "guild patch in the future may help" that's just sliding over what was brought up to begin with. 

06/24/2018

Kitwritten

Community Manager

Threads: 282

ok....

The GMs are not obligated to do anything in the game other than assist players.... the option to assist players in dungeons, is up to the GM but there has already been complaints about GMs in the top 10 on servers.  It is possible to see them in the top ten on the first day of a server but that is only because of leveling up when the server opens.

Its also not fair on real players to be falsely accused of being undercover GMs or AMZ staff.....

so yes the GMs just stand around in town now, dealing with pms, world chat or getting screenshots, dealing with dev and gm chat outside of the game and other duties.....

now the drops, we get why purple and mythic are good for players, they save the players a lot of time, effort and in cases, money.... and there is complaints from higher level players about the drop rates, difficulty in passing dungeons ( that was the result of a bug being fixed that means that players are no longer enjoying immunity to damage )

and so on.....

It begs the questions as to if the low rate of drops is limiting the players ability to improve their characters

Yes players do not like grinding for months on end without result..... but the complaint is about players grinding and not getting the best gear quality in the game, semi regularly.

Yes the guild shop is intended to help players with gaining some items...... but again, if they have access to the best items in the game on a semi regular basis, it makes other parts of the game near obsolete

We have to strike the balance between player retention in game and having a long term game that succeeds. If we continued to have a system that could see players clear the game in 2 months, how do you think that would affect the lifespan of RoG ?