A few things to contemplate before the upcoming release.

16:25 02/12/2018

Scraps

Threads: 3

In my testing I have come across a few oddities I'd kindly request some extra consideration be taken into account.

To begin when I first started the option of manually controlling your movement and skill output for the arena allowed you to climb ranks, as well as the auto option. Around the time the 2nd server became available this seems to have changed, and if this was intentional I'd ask it to be mulled over about retracting such change. 

While there may be other reasons in favor or against, I know from a personal standpoint the ranged AI seems to be rather lacking; unless all your skills are essentially within the same range (yea archers @_@). What I mean by this, is for example I have one account set-up that even though there was more then enough time to have used all 6 a few times, and have won somewhere along the line, this AI decided to sit and repeatedly spam the lightning bolt until it eventually died... Another, issue I have come across; regardless of what set-up is seemingly used, is that left-click skills are seemingly never used by the AI. This can't be argued as using what's best in the instant either, as for example what logic would there be not to use say storm shield against a tough opponent either on the outset, or at the very least while your experiencing a significant loss of life with more then enough mana left? There's also the argument for properly kiting when possibly; say for delayed skills, or at the very least to I don't know, not sit in the poison explosion pool for example when you have "jump" skills...

Expanding upon said poison mentioned above brings me to the next topic for consideration. This being in the balance of the trifecta skill selection currently listed in shop. Therein you have 2 area poison skills, one of which you even have a choice to use as more of a self-ring skill when mobbed, and then there's a minimally timed single target stun...Now the upgraded output is "fine" but as the stun timing never really seems to take off anywhere near significant juxtaposed to it's cooldown(even with using a reduction rune) this seems to make it rather obvious it's been given the short-end of the stick if you will. As a suggestion, I would put forth the idea of having said skill's hit-box become a circular type instead of a singular. Having this multi-target close range stun I believe would do well to adequately balance what it offers compared to the other two, without having to bother with advanced stun times; which seemingly would be the easier target of change, but could end up rather tricky preventing a possible repeated effect or overall stun-locking combination down the line. It also would then still be comparable to other melee skill offerings.

In regards to skills in general; while I've noted a broad interpretation was acknowledged, I've only found the issue of skills occasionally not working in dungeons in regards to many of those that are archer specific, and mainly only under a particular circumstance. This being when select targets are essentially within kissing distance of your character. I believe knowing this, might be of assistance; should it not already have been noted, so that what might actually fix the issue would be to slightly inwardly adjust the range of said skills; especially as given those that are archer specific or can even mostly be used without a weapon change aside from the elemental mines being used creatively, archer lacks any anti-encirclement skills apart from it's arrow rain. 

^This brings up another small point I'd like to have considered. That being in the possible creation & implementation of a cross-bow subset; or otherwise single hand option for bows. While yes, you can change class with a brief weapon and skill change at any time, not having said single-hand option I believe puts the class specifics at a disadvantage.
How so you ask? Well given that there are dual-wield options for both mage(staff) and warrior(a few options) you can one hand each type of these and create a mage/warrior skill hybrid; of ANY of there type of skills, to be used at one time. While I do admit this would take a fair amount of work, it is a issue I do believe should be rectified for the good of the game.

There are a few other things I have noted at present, but will be waiting for a full translation in order to bring them up in-case there is some aspect of the issue I may be missing.
Having said that, I may add to this post before then if I find others. I also encourage other players to list similar findings that all together might not fit neatly elsewhere here as well, and hopefully rather then creating undo clutter they might be noted, addressed, and maybe even past on in a much less chaotic manner. 
Edited by Scraps on 02/12/2018 16:25
  • Shiner: Thanks for your advice, and we will improve the arean, fight with your pet is possible in next version, and manual fight will be count in result.

03/18/2018 23:51

02/16/2018

Kitwritten

Community Manager

Threads: 282

there is actually 4 servers, CB 1 and CB 2, yes there is differences in them as we are using the logs for information..... there is also the dev servers which the players do not have access to... chinese and english, the chinese one is the most up to date and features new systems that are coming to the game, such as the 20+ pet system......

The PVP system is bugged, we are working on that..... the problem is that the skills work differently in arena than they do in dungeons.... so in arena, storm shield needs to be made into a passive skill that uses trigger runes, the problem is that it can only use one, close combat or ranged as a trigger

I did suggest a skill change option so you can change your skills at the click of a key but we are changing the skill system as well.......

the sub set system is the debuffs, symbols that players have mentioned while fighting... it took me a while to translate them.......

Fire skills  can trigger the ignite debuff causing burning

Ice skills can trigger the frozen debuff, lowering opponents movement, attack and cast speed

lighting skills can trigger the stun debuff....

Yes the translation is bloody confusing, it was done by google because the devs do not speak english... what normally happens is we have a localization team who translate from chinese to english then I come along and I translation from english into gamer english..... and when you have things like the chinese for mana is also the same for hit, force, accuracy and violence....lol.... in gaming we have P attack, M attack, block, dodge, armour, HP, mana, energy shield, crit, crit damage... and to us they are pretty clear....

but in the chinese system, dodge is restricted to attack skills only but not elemental skills, thats where resistance comes into play. armour blocks physical only, energy shield appears to be affected by physical and elemental......attack block and spell block is not blocking them, its actually stopping them from happening....

There is no moving speed boost, like a enchant etc......but it can be increased as the player levels....it also appears to be affected by armour vs robes......

yes we are looking at other classes of weapons..... some of them may be visual only, while others may have more effects ...... cross bow and shield I will suggest.......we are looking at redoing the skill system and expanding it.

two poison skills ? there is 3 green skills listed in the shop but in the game there is poison and toxin which are different skills.....poison is affected by resistences and energy shield but toxin can not be resisted, it has to be avoided

so we have a list of changes, PET system ( in testing ) change of merc system ( in development ) mount system ( in development ) costumes ( in graphic design ) talent system ( will be changed for RoG v2 ) weapons and skills ( in development ) skill changes include making poison ignore energy shield and elemental resistance, adding a immunity skill which lasts 3 seconds to warrior carrying shield, will not apply to dual wielding or ranged characters.

classes: druid / summoner, being considered, monk ruled out, pure class such as pure mage, pure warrior, pure ranger being worked on, they will be diamond characters with specific skills and equipment because a non mage pure, will not use elemental skills or abilities but things like a warrior becomes a paladin, need to be addressed....

we are strong on the theme of DPS and tank type builds.....

we are using the rule of thumb that a hybrid character is the easiest to build but pures take a large amount of gamer knowledge, skill and understanding.... anybody can build a pure and level it up by running in a team to get exp but we envision in game events and contests that will test a pure build and the skill of the player....

I am a personal challenge gamer, things like dungeon 42.3, cleared in under 40 seconds, solo.....but my next challenge is to clear it solo in under 40 seconds with 3 stars ( I failed on the 50 kills ).....

so I want to see things like a personal best rank sheet for players, that can be viewed by other players.....a overall server ranking would be nice but in CoA, players leveled up, got over powered then went back to team dungeons and cleared them with 10 second runs... so they get their name in lights but it shuts out the players doing those TDs from having their name in lights......

I also want to see a monthly or weekly arena ranking reset, this was done in Empire revenant, and it stopped the top players holding the rankings, getting the rewards but they had quit the game..... so I want to see a game that is fair for new and existing players, where they can have their name in lights in the arena because they earned that position and fought to keep it... but when they go inactive, they lose it.......

02/21/2018

Scraps

Threads: 3

"There is no moving speed boost, like a enchant etc......but it can be increased as the player levels....it also appears to be affected by armour vs robes......"

>>>It also is considerably effected by using demon or angel wings (equiped) currently.

"yes we are looking at other classes of weapons..... some of them may be visual only, while others may have more effects ...... cross bow and shield I will suggest.......we are looking at redoing the skill system and expanding it."

>>>That's all I can ask. Know it's really out of your hands, but kind of felt bad for those wanting to archer/hunter main being at a disadvantage not only in; current, late game equip potential, but uninterupted skill versatility by not being able to double up. 

"two poison skills ? there is 3 green skills listed in the shop but in the game there is poison and toxin which are different skills.....poison is affected by resistences and energy shield but toxin can not be resisted, it has to be avoided"

>>>? Um... maybe your shop is differnt from mine? In mine under that section there are 3 skills and 3 runes. Of those you have bow use poison arrow, spell use poison pool(unsure it that's the actual name but that's what I'm going with), and melee use stun. While one of the runes can give poison damage to everyone, the fact that it does to everyone defeats the point in balance i was making, so it makes it irrelevent. The two points I was making in terms of the balance the 3 skills should be at, is that the stun skill as is is not comparable to the effect of the other two. This is why I made, what I believed to be a fair suggested change in the original post.

"so we have a list of changes, PET system ( in testing ) change of merc system ( in development ) mount system ( in development ) costumes ( in graphic design ) talent system ( will be changed for RoG v2 ) weapons and skills ( in development ) skill changes include making poison ignore energy shield and elemental resistance, adding a immunity skill which lasts 3 seconds to warrior carrying shield, will not apply to dual wielding or ranged characters."

>>>Yes, the merc system could really use some work for sure, as outside varying aid when attempting to solo in the static protect side-event; on maps that you attacked in essentially a ring, you can essentially go without them, and not miss them. Yeah, sure you can mass some open world skill/rune gain, but get that too high at a point and you either have to dump into talent/gem regain, or eat mana pots left and right, so that's a bit of a pointless double edge imo currently. While re-vamping it, if it hasn't been suggested, maybe pass along having the merc auto-respawn; if dead, when exiting another field, be it dungeon or the side dailies. As if you bother to train it up right now, it takes quite an annoyingly long period of time just sitting around waiting for it to re-spawn. Cosmetic costume choices would be nice, though personally I'd want to leave it at that, as feeling the need to collect a wardrobe of crap I likely won't use beyond the point of purchase/collection for the typical stacked stats "skins" of any kind often give, isn't something that appeals to me. That particular point might be in the minority opinion though, as I've definitely seen at least some, that never seem to give up on the "dress-up" trend; at times even over a variety of things far more important, as if they have no sense of self otherwise or something...When re-doing talent; assuming it's not being re-worked from the ground up, changing one of the 2 that both oddly pertain to what seems like doing just about the same thing in limited testing pertaining to energy sheild, to a mana cap increase would be appreciated. As outside of dumping into blue gems atm there is certainly an offset. One of my 2 60's ended up with about 11k health to like 950 mana -_- Admittedly there might be an increase somewhere in the gear additions, but I can't read any of that anyways. In regards to the proposed poison change, I think it might be the better route to keep posion resisted as is, and instead do the same with toxin. Mainly because, I found having to consistantly pre-target the damned toxin pulse mages; not to mention being unable to see said pulses if there's an enemy in front of said wizard, or having to keep a "jump" at the ready to quickly disengage from the neon green vomit/death pulses to be a bit irritating. Not because of the fact of actually adding in that component of added depth to the game, but simply because even if you built yourself to only minorly be effected by other magic damage, or even damage period, those attacks comparitively would still treat anything you could throw at them as if you where running around without any armor on. This might not be too big of an issue, for those that like to rely on glass-cannon-esc builds; as if touched they'd die by just about anything equally, but for everyone else I'd assume it's a shared frustration. Also, yes if you slam and sacrifice for a mountain of dodge you "can" avoid some of it. Though I found death rolls regards of the kind might be excluded from the dodge check of something.

"classes: druid / summoner, being considered, monk ruled out, pure class such as pure mage, pure warrior, pure ranger being worked on, they will be diamond characters with specific skills and equipment because a non mage pure, will not use elemental skills or abilities but things like a warrior becomes a paladin, need to be addressed...."

>>>While i generally like a paladin route, outside heavy yellow gem and/or rune/talent lifesteal stacking; both of which can make you a pain for pvp, with time crunches make it currently disadvantagous overall I would think. In how it's currently set up, I would think a berserker would do much better. You can almost make the stereotypical one as is, you'd just need a good 15-20 sec cooldown gain that converts damage to attack, and a talent skill to convert a decent percentage of ranged damage (be it magic or physical), into health >:)

"anybody can build a pure and level it up by running in a team to get exp but we envision in game events and contests that will test a pure build and the skill of the player...."

>>>Yes, keeping in mind the solo crowd is always appreciated. Especially so to have the system well in place, before the seemingly ever inevitable scarcity of regularly actives. That way even those that are party reliant types don't end up with a sheer cliff in front of them. From my current perspective of soloing both fully, the only aspect that can be slightly irritating in the previously mentioned full encircle maps to the static protect event. Granted, the maps do rotate to easier ones, so it's just more of a slow gain compared to the others, so while I wouldn't mind seeing that adjusted it's fine as is.

"I am a personal challenge gamer, things like dungeon 42.3, cleared in under 40 seconds, solo.....but my next challenge is to clear it solo in under 40 seconds with 3 stars ( I failed on the 50 kills ).....

so I want to see things like a personal best rank sheet for players, that can be viewed by other players.....a overall server ranking would be nice but in CoA, players leveled up, got over powered then went back to team dungeons and cleared them with 10 second runs... so they get their name in lights but it shuts out the players doing those TDs from having their name in lights......"

>>> You could always restrict the achievements in a way that either prevents that, or just makes it undesireable to do so. To begin with taking away any continued prize pool for them would be essential. You could leave a 1-time collection; like for the current achievements, that is specifically made to be of help to around the level/power expected to rank in it, but about useless to those much higher. In this case think a few peices of free proportionately best gear for the bracket. While it wouldn't matter much right now, once the official game is out and you're not getting a high rollers gambling debt worth a gems it would be something to aim for as you go instead of contemplating wasting your likely scarce non-paid gems on repeat gear box uses to flesh out your current set. As far as restrictions for those that would still go at them even if it meant essentially nothing then robbing lower players, and boost to fragile egos I would love to say just level set it. Unfortunately then you run into those that would complain about not being able to be carried, or for those that rather then taking what they learned on prior ones as experiance to use for the higher; that if gauged correctly the cap would far exceed those available to challenge, seek to continually improve on past attempts; especially during down time or end game. To this while it would take likey more work then the coders would really prefer to bother with you "could" just limit any team with a said over leveled/power capped character entering; be it team or solo, from being rewarded or ranked. This would still allow for carrying, and given times and such do show upon completion while in dungeon, those that truely seek to improve would be able to take note of it, without all the "look at me I'm so strong, I beat something so quick so easy, I better then you, hahaha" kind of laughable overpowered, overspending, grandstanding, pageantry. 

"I also want to see a monthly or weekly arena ranking reset, this was done in Empire revenant, and it stopped the top players holding the rankings, getting the rewards but they had quit the game..... so I want to see a game that is fair for new and existing players, where they can have their name in lights in the arena because they earned that position and fought to keep it... but when they go inactive, they lose it......."

>>> Fully support that idea, and not just for arena, but for all rankings. If it's something you hold you're removed from it. If it's something you ranked for (think power level, or floors cleared type deal) your off the rankings. I've seen the later done well before, where it was like your off for a week, and while your taken off, if you decide to come back; or in most cases "gave away" *sold* your account and it re-logs then upon the next cycle whatever total you had is then re-adjusted to the current standing. Of course for anything you have to physically place in, you would have to re-gain. Though to be fair, I do believe; if possible, there should be a single chance even in those to say for example hit back to your previous place, then having to climb again if you can't re-take, or use said attempt at one near them, rather then having to entirely re-climb. Not that for example the way the arena is atm that would be an issue as you can hit from anywhere; well once the first page blinking bug is fixed lol, but making sure to keep that in mind for possible future events it doesn't. 

>>>One other thing on the topic of events, and fairness. While I expressed in-game chat before that I'm not really a fan of daily timed participation events; or more to the point when there's either far to many, or spaced oddly throughout the day, if and when said events do more then likely happen, there should unquestionably be a time limit to enter. This prevents future complaints from those taking their time to be in the event from essentially being trolled by someone or someones waiting until about the absolute least amount of time they need to enter to usurp rewards. I get it, that can be a strategy for time-management and other less honorable ways of playing, but from what I've seen should you want a larger community, as oppossed to catering to the top, then it's the better course of action.

>>>A few other things I'd like to address:

1. Before the official launch, assuming equipment collection isn't re-tooled in some way that makes this irrelevant, the scrolls for gear sets need to drop, or be fairly granted in some way; especially later sets like 60 scrolls for now. If they actually do drop somewhere already I do apologise, but I've not seen it happen.

2. Not adding things in game before we can use/do them would be nice... Specifically atm looking at the mercury filled pots, that while you can craft, and waste drops that could otherwise actually give something useful, end up sitting there. I believe these are meant for a gear grade after gold, so likely whatever typical red or orange hued "mythic" or whatnot grade not yet in game. Possibly also for part of future 70 or 80 gear recipe as well. Also, looking at those tier 2 and tier 3 numbers where side quests normally pop-up once you start full clearing the last like handful of 4th area sets, and then continue at least for a bit to increase 1 per each level gained after you've finished them all. These in map point you to a way-point icon whose way-point doesn't exist yet, for an area, that is sealed off; though ironically has a boss you can't get to. At least the boss clicking gives some kind of error message though. Small thing I know, but when you've been dungeon crawling and come to and end, and then think "oh there's more?" only to be let down and led into a wall it's kind of disappointing.

3. In regards to the stack issue I mentioned in chat before. After going over drops and thinking about it for awhile, rather then material increases if just any duplication stacked it would solve the issue. Specifically runes and skill books, though might as well check off other inclusions as you go.

4. The safe zone issue. While the directly from dungeon, first log-on, and thankfully updated at some point I believe granted when first exiting the side daily dungeon/event things, is well and good, the peace icon still needs to actually work. Otherwise in the longterm to get from point A to point B at times without possibility of being bug-robbed; although thankfully there's only been 1 person I've really seen an issue with this so far, it's essentially like you're saying buy transport stones to be safe. Don't want to spend gems on them? well tough luck, guess you want to be a lamb to the slaughter. Which to clarify, you know I don't have an issue picking things up, but making someone feel as if they need to do so, will definitely end up cutting into your possible player base.

Edited by Scraps on 02/21/2018 18:18

02/22/2018

Kitwritten

Community Manager

Threads: 282

what a novel lol

ok, movement speed. yes it can be influenced by things like wings but its a capped system, this is to encourage players to play the game and not play road runner through dungeons just to take out the boss .....and in PVP where skills, armour, weapons, enchantments etc, are going to matter the most, it would piss players right off if they worked hard on a top offensive build with good casting / attack speeds and they had to deal with a player that blew movement speed through the roof and just blurred around the player in circles......

now the poison and toxin issue.....  in the shop, there is poison arrow, poison explosion and additional poison damage. The two skills and one rune.

But in dungeons like 32.3 I think, you may have noticed that some mage type opponents do not use the poison cloud of the zombies, they use a green damage skill that is indicated by green arrows, thats toxin.

merc respawn : I called my merc on one account, sir deadalot and told the devs, it was as useless as giving a shield to a ranger..... they agreed, there is a merc system change coming, the option to respawn the pet and merc in the dungeon but it may be a diamond option......

yes the pet and the merc are seperate systems....

as for the skill and talent systems, the plan is to spread them out over the mounts, wings, pets and mercs....

that makes me more nervous than a zombie in a dungeon facing off against a fire and ice mage, because I have seen so many systems messed up by forcing players to buy things they do not want, in order to get the fixed stats, I would rather see a system where I buy 5 different sets of wings and get stats based on the number of wings owned, than have to buy 15 sets of wings to get the same stats because they are tied to different wings in different amounts.....

generally the idea is that it will make the mounts, pets and mercs become more than just a pay for power item in the game..... and one thing that was said to me was that having mounts also changed the skills so a rider uses mount skills such as charge, rear, kick, maul etc......my reaction was that if they have that bloody drunken llama from CoA or that swimsuit wearing pig from wartune, I was going to have a meltdown.....

paladins, I never really liked to play, I am more of a ranger / mage / rogue type... but then again, I never really was the lawful good type I was more a neutral good aka elves....  paladins for me, were stuck up doo gooders,, knights were just walking armoured egos and barbarians were good powerhouse tanks and hitters, I have a soft spot for orcs after watching the warcraft movie.. and rumours that I was cheering for durotan, leader of frostwolf clan, I will neither confirm or deny....  but yeah the orc type barbarian would be good in the game..... as long as we do not get that bloody stupid bonus points for humans system... humans are annoying egotistical self important pompous dickheads... oh wait, we are talking about RoG, not warcraft movie, aren't we....

Yes the new version of the game.... it needs to put more power and decision making into the hands of the player.....its too limited at the moment, part of the reason for wanting to expand the talent and skill system across the merc, pets and mounts so its not bunched up and very difficult for the average gamer to know what to do.....

as for achievements... one thing I do not like in any game, is the systems where a player can spend bill gates kids weekly allowance and then get top ranking rewards......an achievement is something you do, you reach, you work for, not buy your way to the top aka Pay 2 Win....I am not saying penalise the cashers, I am saying we need to acknowledge the players on budgets and free players that work very hard on their characters.....

CoA was an example of that, we had the 7 day event and players would start a server, drop a couple of $100 claim all the top rewards... then complain because players just quit as soon as we opened a new server......  while players thought it was about making the money, it was actually about trying to keep players because they wanted to get good rewards as well but they had to work harder for them so they would server jump in the hope they would end up on a server without account sharing or power spending players, so they had a chance to get good rewards.....

at this point I need to clarify something, the game is made for the chinese market and over there everything is pay if you want it, thats why the game is so diamond heavy.... and yes using a rule of thumb like $300 gets you 30k diamonds, most players are going to say a level 60 scroll costs $300 so a full 10 piece set is $3000 ?.... so yes I agree with you that when faced with something like that, most players would say money hungry game.....while some players would say bring it on and while you are at it, give me level 80 scrolls that will cost me $10k......

trust me, we are reviewing the game prices and recharge rates, we want the game to be affordable for at least 60% of our player base and for things like scrolls to be able to be synthed, tho yes it will be hard work to synth them.... RoG is opening for the english ( us and european markets ) and they do not spend as big as players may think.... but there is interest from other game hosts in taking the game to international markets ( non english ) and that is where a lot of money will come in....

the peace icon simply means that you are peaceful.... not that you can not be attacked.....it just prevents you accidentally attacking another player... the plan is that the world map area to be pvp with no peace mode option and thats why I immediately asked for safe areas so players can exit dungeons and teleport to town otherwise yes we will see dungeon sitters

generally its going to be harder in the new version to run dungeons without help from a team because of the lack of all the free diamonds lol so it is advisable for players to go in a team and that in itself is a form of protection..... but also we plan the debuff system which means if you are a PKer, the more you kill, the less attack and defense you have, a bit like battle fatique and the higher the chance you can be defeated.... while there is the atonement stone in the shop that will remove any debuffs, the plan is to remove the stone, and if you are a pker that gets killed in battle, you are stuck in town for one hour......so pkers are not being penalised for pking, they are a victim of their own actions.....

in simple terms its like getting battle fatigued... and when you are defeated, you have to heal and rest before you are ready to go back out PKing.......  unfortunately with any PVP system, players will look for ways to abuse it and bully other players..... and its for that reason that we are undecided about a guild system, as I have see PKing guilds in games such as LR, who make it their mission to hog bosses and stop any other guilds and players getting the chance to beat a boss for rare in game items......something that has killed a number of servers and also something that AMZ got blamed for.....

1) the developers would not change that system despite the impact on players

2) AMZ can not magically summon players to join servers just so other players have more players to bully......

PVP and PKing should be a honourable thing but its not.... I will not PK a level 20 if I am level 50 and use the argument that its my right to PK people or that I am trying to get items to upgrade my gear.... odds are the level 20 is not carrying level 50 gear, they are also trying to get stronger in order to do more dungeons and maybe become a pker themselves... and my interest is in seeing players play longer because the more players on servers, the better.

we have the plan to have RoG as cross server open world so you could start on S1 and I could start on S10 and we could meet and you could help me in dungeons....  that increases the rates for PVPing, dungeon running and more people to talk with......unfortunately for me, it also means more rivalries, egos and world chat abuse and swearing.....and to be honest, I hate banning players, muting not so much but banning is a last resort..... and I really hate the ban this person cos they said this, and my answer is I have 10 screenshots of what you called them, how about you stop abusing them first before I nail your ass to the wall.....

Edited by Community Manager on 02/22/2018 02:20