What determines how skills proc (fire/activate) when multiple skills are involved?

00:27 10/25/2016

Ducount

Threads: 12

I am a completely new player and I must say I really like this game a lot.  Good work.

So today I overheard a confusing conversation between another player and a GM.  The GM told him he would be better NOT slotting 2nd and 3rd skills when the heroes first skill was good (e.g. Margrete) because then the first skill would proc more.

This may be true, but it kind of seemed strange to me.  Because the system seems to want you to slot all three skills and your battle rank goes up accordingly.  Obviously passive skills are a good option, but it seems to me like having one really awesome skill and two mediocre ones should still be better than having only one really awesome skill.  But it all depends on the logic on how they proc, which is completely unknown to us.

Is it possible to get some clarification on this from the dev team?  For example I can see a couples scenarios:

a) Perhaps it's just simply cumulative.  Say a "High" skill procs at 33%, three skills means you always proc something and each one is still proccing 33% or the time.  Since you only have three skill shots as long as nothing has a proc rate of more than 33% this math works out very easily.

b) Perhaps it goes in a hierarchy (i.e. left to right, right to left, highest level to lowest, most rare to least rare, etc).  It checks each one and if it procs it stops, if it doesn't proc it moves to the next one.  If this is the case it seems very important that players know the hierarchy as that's critical to making good decisions equipping skills.

c) Perhaps -- and this would be the absolute worse case and really no one should ever put more than one skill on a character -- that first one skill is randomly chosen and then that skill and only that skill is checked to see if it procs each turn.  So on your turn it does a random 3, and then checks that skill just like it was the only skill you had.  If this were the case, which is what the GM was suggesting, I don't see why anyone would waste time upgrading more than one skill per character (unless the characters main skill was crap or they needed an exclusive skill bonus).  Because it's cheaper just to min max a single skills upgrades and focus on that.  This is why I think this seems unlikely because I believe the game wants you to have to build up more skills (in the forge, and acquiring them, etc).

Anyway, I'd love to hear something official.

10/25/2016

GM Steve

Community Manager

Threads: 13

Hello,

Devs do not explain how the internal systems work. That is a personal opinion of the GM.

Each player has a strategy and nothing prevent the player to do the trial/error method.

The skills are activated by random chance. When you slot a skill you also get B.R. increase, some heroes have an exclusive requirement which will give extra bonus..

If a hero or skill or game function is supposedly not working correctly we need players to report it with detailed info (including screenshots & videos when possible) so it can be verified by the dev team.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~~ Turn your sadness into kindeness and your uniqueness into strenght ~~

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember to provide the game, the server, your in-game name and screenshots when

reporting issues. Also, provide detailed info (what happened, what

should happen, what was lost, what was supposed to get, server time, etc.)

10/25/2016

Ducount

Threads: 12

Makes  sense.  I appreciate that position.  It's all part of the game :)  I tested 80 battles both ways and so I have my own answers :D

11/03/2016

anonymous10149216

Threads: 1

-Deleted-
Edited by anonymous10149216 on 11/05/2016 11:36

11/04/2016

anonymous10536282

Threads: 0

You all are simply wrong

Some skills always activate on the first round (cross shield. etc) no matter in which slot they are.

If your team use too much skills already in round (pvp) chances for activating another ones on heroes are lowered

But how the formula is written I have no idea:(

11/04/2016

anonymous10149216

Threads: 1

-Deleted-
Edited by anonymous10149216 on 11/05/2016 11:36