Quitting your game

09:12 07/30/2017

anonymous10790406

Threads: 9

I want you to know that as of today... July 29. 2017 I will no longer be playing your game. You have not fixed the problem with the lag. I am a level 100+. there is no reason for my mana to get completely drained fighting a level 40. and then when I move to the level 50....  same thing. On the server that I played I was the strongest person there. this did not happen over night. I paid my dues. and I have given AMZ lots of my money along the way. 

I have out lasted merger servers that were really not cool..  I mean servers that should not have merged except they were in the same time zone. I did not even care that we could not do chaos vs chaos either.   IT WAS JUST A GAME.  but the ever lasting lag is the final straw..

SO with a sad heart  I say   GOOD-BYE  

sever 38  

Edited by Community Manager on 07/30/2017 09:12

07/30/2017

Kitwritten

Community Manager

Threads: 282

Lag has multiple causes. It can be anything from graphics lag, rendering lag, connection lag.... but players are quick to assume that its always server side and that we can fix it.

But I can find no report by you about any lag and the last two threads by you, were last year.

SO I am sorry that we can not find any reports by you concerning any of your issues.

07/31/2017

anonymous11050163

Threads: 4

There is a big lag on Est servers comparing with Europe servers . Also chaos vs chaos never been fixed also no event hall in there . I'm still wondering why not fixing things .

07/31/2017

Kitwritten

Community Manager

What is wrong with chaos vs chaos.......

Lag is one of the most annoying reports we get, because players will say the servers are lagging, fix it......

Thats like saying to a doctor, I am hurting, fix it......

So rather than say there is big lag, can you give me more information please

08/01/2017

anonymous11050163

One of the most important things taht you can do is to log into the S 38 server and check for yourself or ask one Vet (GM) to check it for you . but i will try to attach an video to se how it is working in there the things on Oceanic server there was never a Chaos vs Chaos event.

08/01/2017

Kitwritten

Community Manager

I could login yes, but you know what the issue is, you know what you are seeing and you know what problem you have, I can not read your mind.....  I also have a lot of work to do as I have existing and upcoming games to work on so I really need players to report issues clearly and with information so I can get it reported faster

08/02/2017

anonymous10790406

that sounds like a cop=out to me.  there has not been any new events in months.. and you want examples of lag,  well here you go.. it use to take me ,,  2 minutes and 38 seconds to do Boss Rush,  now it takes me 5 minutes and 23 seconds to do the same thing.  My friend who is also on the server, does Demon Invasion because I do not need anything there, Just the points for daily says that she can not even get through it any more. 

I clean my cache and I run all my spam were and virus detectors.  and yet the lag time does not get any better. There are some of us that think it is not up to us to tell you to take care of the game, but you sure do like our money....   just saying  

08/02/2017

Kitwritten

Community Manager

If you are driving a car down the road and the traffic is heavy on one day.... and the next day its light traffic, you have a explanation and reason for the delays in driving...... but when it comes to reporting lag, you say there is lag and your proof is it takes longer to do an event........

If I get lag, there is a noticeable issue with loading the server, the images take longer to load, area changes take longer, some of the NPCs do not load as fast..... thats examples of lag, tangible examples that we can look for when we test ...... you mention none of that......

Now you clear your cache, some people do it regularly and even daily, most techs will tell you NOT to do that as you have to redownload new files everything, that can cause lag....... having multiple anti spam and anti virus can cause lag because they all want to scan the files...... and my favourite, connection lag which is where the net traffic from multiple users causes slower connections, just like a traffic jam and that is something we have no control over because its between the servers and the ISP......

Even something as simple as using a HTTPS connection instead of a HTTP connection can cause lag because it uses secure connections, something google chrome is pushing but games use HTTP connections not HTTPS connections, to minimize lag.....

Yes players want to say that its our job to maintain the servers..... but its the players job to report issues with more information, something they often do not do, so I can not check for and report issues to the techs because they will immediately ask for more information and I can not provide it because I have not got it from the player.......

so my answer about the money, is yes, money pays the bills but it does not make me a mind reader or a psychic when it comes to bug reports with not information or details.

• anonymous10790406 Some of us are not tech people all we know is what we are told. and yes the game takes longer to load.. the little bar gets stuck at 2% for the longest time. I hit the reload bu<x>tton more than once on more than one occasion. you hit the bu<x>tton to enter a room... ie guild boss. and you sit and wait. and wait. and wait . and wait and wait wand wait and wait and wait and wait, get my point

08/03/2017 08:49

08/03/2017

anonymous10790406

even writing a response to you..  the word button..   look at it..  no way I hit all those different keys 

08/03/2017

anonymous10790406

when you are in demon invasion... you watch your mana drain. And it stays that way.. even says mana low.. then boom  full mana..  sorry that is a game issue..  you go to enter an event, and you sit right there, then you hit the button again and you go in and it says  already in .. that again  is a game issue   

08/04/2017

anonymous11050163

How can you explain all of that ?  playing on Europe servers is great playing on Oceanic is a pain.

Oceanic was runing well but from the moment the event hall gone it started to lag badly. 

08/04/2017

Kitwritten

Community Manager

Post By anonymous10790406
when you are in demon invasion... you watch your mana drain. And it stays that way.. even says mana low.. then boom  full mana..  sorry that is a game issue..  you go to enter an event, and you sit right there, then you hit the button again and you go in and it says  already in .. that again  is a game issue   

The answer to that, by the devs, was that it is a players connection lagging.... and that was a few months ago....

08/04/2017

Kitwritten

Community Manager

Post By anonymous11050163

How can you explain all of that ?  playing on Europe servers is great playing on Oceanic is a pain.

Oceanic was runing well but from the moment the event hall gone it started to lag badly. 

Again, the connection..... they are different servers and oceanic are optimized for the oceanic region, such as Philippines which have 2-5 mb connections, where as europe and the US has up to 100 MB connections.

I do not use oceanic servers because even tho the physical location of Oceania is closer to me in NZ, the connection has to go through Australia to the US then back to oceania, where as the physical connection to the US east servers is actually further in physical distance but uses less trunk lines so less chance of lag......

most lag is connection lag, which means its caused by any number of factors, between the ISP and the server, a no mans land where we have no control, yet a player has more control because they can use a VPN to reroute the connection, its also the player that is able to test their connection to a server, better than we can because they are testing their connection with pings, we can only change the game servers themselves.

08/04/2017

anonymous10790406

So I see from all of the stuff you have said here.. I will tell my friend..  Just deal with it.. they are not going to do anything about our server..   

08/04/2017

Kitwritten

Community Manager

The issue with the event hall, has been reported, the devs have not responded and they are the only ones that can fix that.

The lag, the standard response from the devs is that its a players connection. LR is a game that has had on going reports with lag since it opened, the game has been changed 4 times, we have changed the servers 3 times and the last time, we moved to new servers in a new country....but the players still insist that we are not dealing with the lag issues....

Now say we have city A ( player ) and city B ( server ) and a 11k mile distance between the two, the information ( cars ) travel between city A and city B...... there is traffic jams, rush hour and big delays so traffic flow is having issues...... that is generally connection lag...... player logic is that the only place in that 11k mile distance, that can be having traffic flow issues, is in city B, so city B need to get off their asses and fix the traffic in city B.....

Controller in City B is saying sorry but we have no control over the traffic flow outside of our city but YOU the driver can use an alternative route ( VPN ) ..... you the driver are saying MY car works fine so therefore the disrupted traffic flow problem can only exist in your city......

Your reports indicate a issue with traffic flow, hence why I suggested trying a VPN to reroute the connection to see if that works as its something many european players have had to do because the european networks were overloaded and as they are in europe, AMZ has absolutely ZERO control over it but AMZ was still expected to fix them.....

SO WE are trying to work with players to find out where the lag is happening and ALSO ways to resolve the connection lag issue when its outside of our physical domain ( servers ) but the players can use things like VPNs at their end.....

The information from the server has to be sent to your PC and received back from your PC..... the information ( what little of it there is ) indicates there is a issue with data flow delays ( connection lag ) which is happening in between the player and the server or the no mans land where neither AMZ or the player has any physical control..... hence why once again, a VPN is suggested as it is one of the few things a PLAYER can use to reroute their connection along a different route...... IF its connection lag, then the rerouting may resolve a lot of it.......

IF SOME of the issues are happening with the game, which is very possible, then yes maintenance is required but maintenance will not fix things like the event hall as that is a dev fix and the devs have not responded to AMZs emails..... so we can do maintenance but if anything goes wrong, we may have the servers down for a while and that is something WE have to consider because its very serious.... the US West servers had to be shut down because of a issue that AMZ could not fix and it would have taken months for the devs to recode much of the US west servers ........

SO yes, being a player and posting in the forums is easy, you can just make any old remarks you want and act like we do not care about the game.... but the reality is very different indeed........

08/07/2017

Kitwritten

Community Manager

The AMZ techs have checked into the issue, it is NOT the servers.  A maintenance will NOT fix the lag.

As far as we can tell, its either connection lag or DNS servers. IF its DNS servers, we may be able to do something but do not hold your breath because we have to try different things to see what works ....

08/19/2017

anonymous10790406

man I just love this age of it is not our fault it is yours...  when I was younger you went the extra mile and fixed things because there was a complaint. but now.. everyone wants it fixed but they do not want to take the responsibility. Let the other guy fix it. but give me my paycheck, and oh, where is my promotion...