[checking]GCOD after last update

14:24 12/08/2016

Diamar

Threads: 3

since last update yesterday , im suffering " gray circle with an exclamation mark

this called  the Gray Circle of Death (GCOD) 

I have a decent computer and I have only seen the GCOD appear because of the coding of the application

please ask dev to fix it  because this happening every 1 hr or 2 hrs max

Edited by Community Manager on 12/08/2016 14:24

12/08/2016

Susanne

Community Manager

Threads: 4

Hi Diamar. Thank you for your post, I have forwarded your issue.

12/08/2016

Kitwritten

Community Manager

Threads: 282

the GCOD is a flash player error when there is low memory because something on your system is using up more than its required memory

The issue is most common with IE or firefox rather than any other browser so I would suggest you update both, and then download and run something like adwcleaner because you may have a roque program in your system such as a BHO

failing that, you may need to completely uninstall flash player then run adwcleaner

• XenoFear This is the exact problem i have right now on 2 seperate systems and ivedone all the checks mentioned and everything is up to date and all scans have come up clean yet this still happens, For now i have switched to using FF to play as using the client and farming rifht now isnt worth the risk if i end up dced for prolonged times that i am AFK

12/08/2016 19:52

12/08/2016

Kitwritten

Community Manager

xeno, that narrows it down to IE again..... same as other times its been reported over the years by different gaming sites and hosts.......

• XenoFear yet IE is fully up to date like you suggested along with every other suggestion you asked us to perform to "fix" this problem yet it is still happening :/

12/09/2016 08:09

12/09/2016

Diamar

i did all this and i removed all flash players and cleaned system totally and i removed browsers too although im usually using client but to be sure not my problem and at the end i contacted flash player support and they told me this concern your game dev. and need to contact them to fix it 

12/09/2016

blanx89

Threads: 10

This is out of the devs control. . I would suggest to use Maxthon Web Browser. . Use the "Private Window Setting" its like Incognito Window in Chrome. . as it doesnt store web data (unnecessary Web Data) which causes your browser to fail especially the FLASH PLAYER. . CONS: it takes a little while for the game to load. . more likely 5 - 10 mins it depends on your internet speed.  

And as a gratitude if this helped you, don't share it with others. .this is my tiny secret and advantage to other players (like you who keeps being diconnected) 

Post By Diamar
i did all this and i removed all flash players and cleaned system totally and i removed browsers too although im usually using client but to be sure not my problem and at the end i contacted flash player support and they told me this concern your game dev. and need to contact them to fix it 

Edited by blanx89 on 12/09/2016 17:45

12/09/2016

Kitwritten

Community Manager

Post By Diamar

I have little to no time for flash player support.

Microsoft and adobe both have acknowledged that the issue is actually caused by exceeding the Virtual Access Memory in a PC. what flash player does is simply to shut down the application that is exceeding the limits of the VRAM

When a dev checks something using the debug version of flash player it does not tell them what is using the VAM.

Its the same with a memory check on your PC when you are running things like the mini client. You will show as having ample memory spare and flash player is going to argue that you do not and even with a adobe flash memory check, a issue will not show up with the memory usage

The irony is that adobe forums have a lot of posts and threads stating that the person has run memory tests and checks and shown no issues with the memory, most of those threads and posts have NOT been responded to by adobe..... thats in part because its a standard answer for adobe to blame game devs....

the GCOD was a common issue with youtube for quite a long time and that was one of the few times adobe did acknowledge it was a issue with the browser running out of memory and that it could involve plugins and addons amongst other issues, with the browsers.

I have been testing it myself..... and the issue only surfaced after I upgraded flash player for mozilla firefox, when I was running with a out dated version of flash player, there was no issues at all.

12/10/2016

Anonymous26916976

Threads: 0

This player isn't the only person who suddenly started getting this since the last update. The same happens to me and many of my guild that I have asked. I always use the miniclient. I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice and now it often refuses to load (which it wasn't doing before). It will show GCOD if I attempt to go afk. One of my guild can't even get the miniclient to fully load the game since the update.

12/10/2016

Pyromaniac

I'm having the same issue and I believe it started since the snowfall update . The dev can come up with 1001 excuses but the fact still remain the same , something is seriously wrong with the server and need to be fix ASAP before you start to lose more paying customers.

When I  first started playing COA I wondered why the servers are so empty , now I'm beginning to understand why . I "suggest" everybody should stop recharge until AMZ get their act together .

PS : I hv a feeling my post will be edited or deleted by the GMs but that's ok because it will just prove me right .

12/10/2016

Anonymous26916976

The players it affects the most are the ones who work and usually afk grind whilst at work. We can't just reload our client when it crashes, so we are losing valuable exp/spirit due to this problem. Unfortunately for AMZ, we are the ones who also are most likely to pay to play.

12/10/2016

Anonymous27352164

is there a way to check the VRAM?

12/11/2016

Diamar

well i never expect that i will get answer or fix for anything more than im getting now 

any bug need month to fix , hallowen rewards didnt sent over 1 month now what else 

actually my msg to developers we don't need any update to add visual effect on game since it will come up with much bugs we don't care seeing snow in maps we see it in roads everyday since u cant ever update anything without messing with others 

and for GM reply ,taking it as personal problem this not my problem alone this all players problem and if they don't bug u with sending or complaining is bcz they gave up most in their way to quit this game whatever u have massive vets than players actually u can easily make each vet in each server ask if any suffer crash or this error flash code 

so u know that isn't about anything except game codecs :)

12/12/2016

Kitwritten

Community Manager

I have tested and retested the issue....and unlike players, I do not immediately blame everything on a game update

The issue for me, only happens when I update to the lastest version of flash player and the plugin container shows a 4 fold increase in memory usage while the actual browser or APP shows the normal memory usage.

BTW, I did not have any issues with the game update until 2 days later, when I updated flash player.

12/12/2016

Kitwritten

Community Manager

Post By Anonymous27352164

sure, vram is your page file...  http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2864547/manage-virtual-memory-pagefile-windows.html

I am running a 13 gb page file with 7 gb free.... and I am getting the GCOD only when I use the lastest version of flash

This is running CoA on cyberfox 64 bit

This is the plugin container for flash player.. showing almost double the memory usage for flash player, its normally 300 mb

Edited by Community Manager on 12/12/2016 05:32

12/12/2016

blanx89

Threads: 10

were you able to reinstall the flash with the version before the latest?

Post By Kitwritten

Post By Anonymous27352164

sure, vram is your page file...  http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2864547/manage-virtual-memory-pagefile-windows.html

I am running a 13 gb page file with 7 gb free.... and I am getting the GCOD only when I use the lastest version of flash

This is running CoA on cyberfox 64 bit

This is the plugin container for flash player.. showing almost double the memory usage for flash player, its normally 300 mb

12/13/2016

Kitwritten

Community Manager

Yes, reinstalling previous versions is childs play for me but it also requires some changes to the browsers config structure if players do not want the browser to argue with them over a out of date version of the browser

This is running a older version of flash player.... and the memory usage is

So its not the browser or the mini client that is hogging the memory, its actually the flash player plugin container

12/13/2016

Diamar

i removed flash player new version " which i believe isn't the reason" and use flash player 12 and got same crash every 2 hrs and kicking us from any event 

i need to tell u im gamer and i know much about computer programming and html and i used to be GM helper in other games so if the thing i suffer is from anything except game itself i wouldn't report 

one thing more im playing other games and all working normally nothing crashed 

and u know most based clinit games depend on same theory and flash codec 

the last silent update that added snow effect. Seems the snow is not on replay its downloading new content allways, that causes the memory overdose
and flash shuts him self down because of the limit that browser can handle

so im asking from u whoever can test not test just 1 hr , try to open game for 1 day and test it and to be more specific try servers which suffer this issue if this possible 

Thank you