Rag's Mentor System Idea.

13:10 10/06/2016

Ragnar6645

Threads: 2

I have noticed that there are several kind experienced players that assist new players in CoA, I myself am

one said player who has received abundant assistance form experienced players, the issue I have noticed

is that wile the new players benefit from this arrangement, the experienced player gets almost nothing

out of it. So, the idea I have to make this a more mutually beneficial arrangement is a Mentor system.

A good way to have this mentor system work would be:

1. A player must be level 60+ to become a mentor.

2. anyone under level 60 can agree to become a mentee.

3. Both the mentee and the mentor receive rewards every time the mentee reaches a 10th or 20th level ie. level 10, 20, 30... or 20, 40, 60... with the final reward being received when the mentee reaches level 100.

4. A mentor can have up to 2 mentees at a time and up to 6 grand mentees.

5. Mentors receive a 15% exp, gold & spirit gain boost per mentee in their team & each mentee receives a 25% of the same boost.

6. Add titles to be received at certain milestones.

Titles:

Mentee, temporary, +1500 atk +1500 def.

Received when a players becomes a mentee, deactivates when mentee reaches level 100.

Mentor, permanent, +500 atk +500 def.

Received when a level 60+ player takes on their first mentee.

Sensei, permanent, +1000 atk +1000 def.

Received when a mentor's mentee reaches level 100.

Master Mentor, permanent, +2500 atk +2500 def.

Received when 5 of a mentor's mentees  have reached level 100.

Grand Mentor, permanent, +5000 atk +5000 def +2000 fire dmg +2000 frost dmg +2000 lightning dmg.

Received when 10 of a mentor's mentees & 1 grand mentee have reached level 100.

And of course, all values above can be altered as the developers see fit.

10/10/2016

Kitwritten

Community Manager

Threads: 282

We do have a vet system in place on the games, players are welcome to apply as vets if they want to work with other vets and GMs to improve the game for players.

The concern I have with the suggestion, is that there is no way to monitor that its a effective working system. It does allow players to create alts with the intention of advancing their main and that is really of no benefit to the game or the players.

I have forwarded your suggestion for consideration

Edited by Community Manager on 10/10/2016 21:54

10/15/2016

Ragnar6645

I think encouraging experienced players to help new(er) player would do more good then bad, wile there is the potential for the system to be abused, I still think the benefit could potentially outweigh that risk.

I myself would have quit were it not for an experienced player taking me under his wing so to speak and teaching me how to play the game, I had struggled for 2 days trying to figure everything out on my own and I didn't see any of the vets until my 5th day playing, by which time I was fairly well versed in the game thanks to said experienced player.

The point is, wile the vets are helpful to a degree, they are not around enough, now be that due to there not being enough of them to handle the amount of servers or something that would be understandable however, regardless it is players assisting each other that helps the most and I think encouraging them to do so is a good idea.

Edited by Ragnar6645 on 10/15/2016 04:27

10/15/2016

Kitwritten

Community Manager

Yeah I agree with you that experienced players can be helpful...... but no I do not agree with the rewards system

in simple terms, your suggestion, while a good one, is simply too flawed because there is no way to limit the abuse and the benefits to the game and server are minimal, the biggest benefits are to the players that are mentors to other players ( 15% ) and alts ( 85 % ) and to give you a example, S48 just opened a couple of days ago.... 90% of the characters on the server are from S47 and non cashing alt accounts.... and you have to ask yourself why oceanic players would go to a US east server and how could they do well on a server that does not match their time zone.... the answer is in the more than 50 accounts that are account sharing and being piloted on the new server.....

Yes we could limit it to vip 4 and higher as most alts do not recharge on servers.... but that is not fair to the real players that play by the rules and can not recharge but would benefit from the bonuses........

so the biggest flaw with your suggestion is that there really is no way to be sure that its working correctly and as intended, instead of being abused as a alt and account sharing system to get extra benefits to main accounts....

• Ragnar6645 Wile all that is true what I posted as an idea was just an example that the devs could change however is necessary to fit the needs and balance of the game.

10/15/2016 05:00

10/15/2016

Ragnar6645

As far as the players creating alt accounts goes, is it possible to have the servers check the IP Addresses of all players when they connect to them and then have them check that IP against the IP Addresses of the players already registered on them?

If so, then you could have it report the players with the duplicate IP Addresses to someone for review and then they can be warned/suspended/banned as necessary if they are found to be using alts.

Although that wouldn't do much good against using the same account to make a new character on a new server, perhaps just make it so that each account can only have 1 character per server (if it's not already like that) and no more than 2 or 3 characters per account across all servers or something.

Just an idea.

Edited by Ragnar6645 on 10/15/2016 05:15

10/15/2016

Rosyna

Threads: 14

Except the use of alts isn't against the ToS for this game (which is why you have players with 20+ alts in cross server to farm for points). Checking for IPs is also useless since it's relatively simple to change it and things like proxies exist. You'd also run the risk of warning/banning/suspending legit accounts too (as with the case where there are multiple players connecting through the same router in a building or if they just so happened to have been assigned a dynamic IP that was previously assigned to another player).
Edited by Rosyna on 10/15/2016 07:53
  • Ragnar6645 As I said, just an idea.

10/15/2016 08:20

RIP old forums

Old CoA guides currently being reformatted to fit new forums

10/15/2016

Ragnar6645

Also, the IP idea was to combat players using multiple accounts as alts (I assume that is against the ToS?) and you are correct that IPs would not work as you said, and I assume there is no way to do what I said for IPs with MAC Addresses as I don't think there is a way the server can lookup the MAC of the PC that is connecting to it, or am I wrong?

If it can then what I said could work I think as to the best of my knowledge there is no way to alter or mask a MAC Address, then again I could be wrong.

Anyways, if creating a character/alt on each server is not against the ToS but has become an issue then what I said about limiting the max number of characters per account is still a reasonable idea in my opinion, I doubt many legit players would complain to much.

10/15/2016

Kitwritten

Community Manager

The server does not track players by MAC address.... but even doing that would affect players that use a cybercafe which is the way that most of the players creating fake accounts, tend to do. It would also affect families that share a computer.

We have players with alt accounts that have never broke a rule. The alts are using to help and assist players on the server without bias, meaning that they will run TDs with any player that wants to run TDS, regardless of guild because it benefits the game and the server.

So we will continue to remove fake accounts and alts that breach the rules and yes that will limit updates for the game that players suggest like trade systems or mentor systems ( they may be added but you will not see the suggested bonuses ). It is something that is not easily solved, even the bigger games like WoW, diablo, wizard101 and others deal with the same issue and ban accounts in the 10ks..... as there is no other option

• Ragnar6645 Yeah, you make a good point, it's too bad people can't just play games the way they are meant to be played.

10/16/2016 04:39